Data Center Management Systems
Hardware/Software Inventory System - H/SIS
The Hardware/Software Inventory System (H/SIS) is an extremely flexible and comprehensive
information system designed to facilitate documenting and managing a company's
hardware and software assets. The information tracked includes financial,
vendor, technical, physical/logical configuration, administrative and
contractual details. H/SIS supplies complete and timely data allowing for more
effective planning, configuration management, and cost control.
H/SIS is a powerful tool which provides for the recording, tracking, reporting, and managing of hardware and software assets in such areas as:
||PCs (Standalone and LAN Environments)
Data Communication Networks
H/SIS is a highly cost-effective solution to inventory and configuration
management, offering more flexibility, functionality, and value than
competing mainframe or client/server-based products. DCMS H/SIS is also
very easy to install, configure, and use! The learning curve for system
administrators and users is very short; usage is highly intuitive and
self-explanatory; extensive online help screens and tutorials are available with a single key stroke.
- H/SIS allows you to:
- Quickly review and report on your hardware/software
inventory, component relationships, configuration, connections, and
- Easily allocate and control costs, plan for lease renewals
and acquisitions, perform cost analysis and comparative pricing.
- Simplify such tasks as locating equipment and features,
re-configuring and installing equipment, determining port and cable usage, managing
- Expedite hardware problem resolution by providing detailed
information on configuration and component relationships, cabling, equipment
location, vendor, telephone maintenance coverage, and engineering change level.
- Expedite software problem resolution by providing software
product information including component, version, release, maintenance level,
and vendor technical support contact.
- Accomplish even more than what is listed above.
- Action item dates provide for timely management of lease
renewals, preventative maintenance, software expirations, and other time critical events.
- H/SIS's online mass change/delete capability eases database
- A sophisticated online search facility provides the ability
quickly retrieve a single item or groups of items by specifying
of values from a list of over 40 unique system and user-defined indexes.
- Complex data searches are extremely fast due to the unique
- A variety of predefined reports provide for financial
and component relationship information.
- A powerful and easy-to-use interactive Report Writer
allows H/SIS users to quickly produce additional reports, tailored to
- The selected data may be downloaded to a PC for further
- Managers and supervisors have instantaneous access to
information for answers to questions such as: Who has a CAD terminal? My group is
being charged for which hardware and software components? Don't we have an an
extra 486 around here somewhere? What hardware features and software are on
my project leaders desks' PCs? What's the real total cost of our server
networks including software and hardware?
- Installation and customization is fast and easy. Most tables
come pre-loaded and require few modifications.
- A completely tailored and fully usable system, ready to load
inventory data, can be configured in a single day.
- The learning curve for users and system administrators is
very short, usage is highly intuitive and self explanatory, extensive online
help screens and tutorials are available with a single key stroke.
- H/SIS provides a seamless interface with DCMS PM/RS (Problem
Management and Reporting System) to automatically pass information to the PM/RS
incident record to show the person to contact, phone number, vendor, device
connections, version, release, Fmids, maintenance coverage, etc.
- Access to the H/SIS data base is available to PM/RS users
with a single keystroke.
H/SIS is available for any processor that supports the z/OS operating system environment.
H/SIS utilizes ISPF/Dialog Manager (DM) and ISPF/Program Development Facility (PDF). VSAM is used
as the basis for the DCMS proprietary DBMS. H/SIS supports all versions and releases of z/OS, ISPF
The DCMS toll-free Customer Support Hotline (800) 998-3848 is accessible 24
hours / 7 days a week. On-site training and consulting are available for a nominal fee.
The H/SIS system can be downloaded from the DCMS web site Download H/SIS
shipped to your company for a no cost, no obligation trial. Pre-loaded tables
and databases are provided to allow the system to be reviewed with minimum
Products are licensed (Perpetual and Renewable) on a per
processor basis. Tiered pricing is based on Processor Software Groups. Annual
maintenance for perpetual licenses is calculated at a rate of 15% of the current